Negotiating for Success
This Negotiating for Success online training course is a six-part course and is designed to provide sales professionals from diverse industry sectors with an understanding of the basic process of negotiation.
This Negotiating for Success online training course is designed to provide a basic understanding of the negotiation process.
In module 1 and 2, we will define negotiation, and explore some fundamental strategies that underlie the negotiation process. We will focus on how to use persuasive techniques effectively in a negotiating situation.
In module 3, we will describe a structured approach to strategic planning for negotiations.
In module 4, you will take a look at some of the tactical aspects of negotiation that you should consider before the actual negotiation.
In module 5, we will examine the four stages of a typical negotiation and we will develop a further understanding of the interpersonal structures that form the foundation of effective negotiating behaviors.
In the last module, we will examine the flow of power/interest through the negotiating process, and how it can influence your negotiating strategies.
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this Negotiating for Success course, the user will learn:
- Define negotiation and develop an understanding of its purpose.
- Study the nature of influence, persuasion, and conditioning and understand their importance in negotiation.
- Focus on how to use persuasive techniques effectively in a negotiating situation.
- Review a structured approach to strategic planning for negotiations.
- Explore some of the tactical aspects of negotiation.
- Examine a range of techniques available for selection, planning, and preparation of negotiation tactics.
- Develop a personalized approach to addressing the tactics of negotiation.
- Describe the “fabric of negotiation” and the need for its maintenance.
- Explain the four-stage chronological sequence of a typical negotiation.
- Understand the interpersonal structures that form the foundation of effective negotiating behaviors.
- Explore the power/interest cycle and learn how it can influence your negotiating strategies.
This Negotiating for Success course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining Negotiation
- Using Persuasion
- Planning for Negotiation
- Negotiating Tactics
- The Fabric of Negotiation
- The Power/Interest Cycle
This Negotiating for Success online training course was designed for sales professionals from diverse industry sectors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.