Harassment Prevention Training for Employees [Chicago Illinois]
This Harassment Prevention Training for Employees [Chicago Illinois] online training course is designed for all employees in Chicago. Municipal laws concerning harassment, especially sexual harassment prevention, in the City of Chicago are more stringent than Federal and Illinois laws. As an employee working in Chicago, an understanding of the Chicago Human Rights Ordinance will benefit you greatly. This course will also give you an understanding of how to prevent harassment, what to do in case you’re a victim of harassment, who is liable and what remedies are available to you.
This Harassment Prevention Training for Employees [Chicago Illinois] online training course explores harassment prevention laws and standards, especially sexual harassment prevention, in Chicago, Illinois.
The understanding of what constitutes as harassment has evolved over the years. And this new understanding has been incorporated into Federal, state, and Chicago-specific laws. As an employee in the City of Chicago, you are empowered by law to stand up for yourself and protect yourself from harassment of any kind, sexual and otherwise.
Through this course, you will not only gain an understanding of how the law protects you, but how you can protect yourself and others against abusive conduct, unlawful sexual harassment, and retaliation. This course also provides valuable information on filing a complaint with the right authorities if you have experienced harassment.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Harassment Prevention Training for Employees [Chicago Illinois] course, the user will learn:
- Why it is important to maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- The definition of sexual harassment according to the Chicago Human Rights Ordinance
- How sexual harassment manifests in the workplace through examples and case studies
- Federal and State laws surrounding sexual harassment
- What is abusive conduct in the workplace
- The meaning of reasonable accommodation and retaliation in relation to illegal discrimination and harassment
- Strategies to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
- The process of filing a complaint of inappropriate and/or unlawful behavior, including the role of confidentiality in the investigation
- The remedies available to victims
This online Harassment Prevention Training for Employees [Chicago Illinois] course is made up of the following sections:
- Unlawful Harassment and Sexual Harassment
- Federal and State Laws and Regulations
- Chicago Human Rights Ordinance
- What Does Sexual Harassment Look Like?
- Abusive Conduct
- Reasonable Accommodation and Retaliation
- Employer and Manager Responsibilities
- Handling Complaints
- Reporting and Remediation: CCHR, IDHR, EEOC
- Case Studies
This Harassment Prevention Training for Employees [Chicago Illinois] online training course was designed for all employees in Chicago.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.