The Federal Education Records Protection Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. FERPA applies to all educational institutions that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. This FERPA: An Overview online training course covers the Federal Education Records Protection Act (FERPA) which is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online FERPA: An Overview course, the user will learn to:
- Identify the key provisions of FERPA
- Provide examples of student records that are covered under FERPA
- List the records considered directory information under FERPA
- Recall the key elements of a FERPA compliance program
This online FERPA: An Overview course is made up of the following sections:
- Exploring FERPA
- Creating a FERPA Compliance Program
- FERPA in the Courts
This FERPA: An Overview online training course was designed for all educational institutions.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.