This Communication Basics online training course is designed for employees, employers, and business communicators. This course will introduce you to the basics of effective communication so you can be on your way to having greater confidence in your ability to make sure that your messages are understood.
This Communication Basics online training course explores the communication process and how you can send clear and consistent messages.
You're convinced that you said it clearly, but the person you were talking to just didn't seem to get it. You might as well have been speaking two different languages. Learn the basics of effective communication and you can be on your way to having greater confidence in your ability to make sure that your messages are understood.
Course Learning Objectives:
On completion of this Communication Basics course, the user will:
- Identify the elements of the communication process.
- Recognize disruptive factors that interfere with the communication process.
- Identify the importance of language choice when communicating.
- Recognize the impact of non-verbal messages on the communication process.
- Choose the most appropriate method of communication for various types of messages.
- Recognize how the communication process is influenced by the listener’s perceptions and by diversity factors, like culture, gender and status.
- Identify listening skills that will enhance the communication process.
This Online Communication Basics course is made up of the following sections:
- Strategy 1 - Understand the Communication Process
- Strategy 2 - Send Clear and Consistent Messages
- Strategy 3 - Actively Seek to Understand
This Communication Basics online training course was designed for employees, employers and business communicators.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.