Workplace disputes can have a negative impact on productivity and morale. Whether the dispute is between two or more employees, or between managers and employees, this course will help you deal with workplace conflict in a unionized environment. Many disputes can be resolved informally. You will learn mediation techniques that enable managers and supervisors to assist employees with informal dispute resolution. But, inevitably, some disputes become grievances. We will review the grievance procedure, focusing on the responsibilities of the manager or supervisor.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Managing Disputes in a Unionized Workplace course, the user will learn to:
- Discuss the nature of workplace disputes and why they occur
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the managers/supervisors, employees, and the unions in dealing with workplace disputes
- Define what a mediation process is
- Discuss the grievance procedure and its benefits for employees, employers, and unions
- Recall the different types of grievances
- Explain the difference between mediation and arbitration
This online Managing Disputes in a Unionized Workplace course is made up of the following sections:
- Understanding Workplace Disputes
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Resolving Interpersonal Disputes
- The Grievance Procedure
- Handling a Grievance
This Managing Disputes in a Unionized Workplace online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.