This Health and Safety for Small Business online training course introduces owners and managers to the types of health and safety problems that can occur in small businesses and gives practical information and tips regarding strategies to identify hazards and manage risks, identify the health and safety responsibilities of employers and identify key components of an effective health and safety program.
Successful businesses of all sizes know that occupational health and safety are important to overall performance. Workplace injuries and illnesses have a direct effect on your company's bottom line, and the ability to operate safely is essential to building a productive, cost-effective organization. Also, because health and safety legislation applies to all employers, large and small, an effective health and safety program will ensure that you are in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Health and Safety for Small Business course, the user will learn to:
- Outline the business case for health and safety in the workplace.
- Locate health and safety legislation that applies to your business.
- Identify the health and safety responsibilities of employers.
- Describe strategies for meeting your health and safety responsibilities.
- Identify workplace hazards.
- Identify key components of an effective health and safety program.
This online Health and Safety for Small Business course is made up of the following sections:
- Risk Management
- Hazardous Substances and Hazard Management
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Occupational Hygiene
- Accident Prevention
- Developing a Health and Safety Program
This Health and Safety for Small Business online training course was designed for business owners.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.