This Fraud Awareness and Detection online training course will help you to recognize situations that raise issues of fraud and to help you deal with them appropriately and effectively. This course is intended not only to instill in employees a sense of responsibility to comply with the law and report misconduct but also to make employees aware of fraud so that it can be detected and handled.
Corporate fraud is on the rise. Losses attributable to corporate fraud were estimated at $600 billion in 2002, up from $400 billion in 1996. Employee theft alone costs American businesses between $60 and $120 billion a year. Aside from unscrupulous employees and third parties, a major contributing factor to corporate fraud is simply a lack of awareness of it.
Dishonest employees prey on unsuspecting co-workers and supervisors, and clever third-parties use so-called 'social engineering tactics to penetrate a company's defenses. Because successful fraud schemes are hard to detect, everyone from rank-and-file employees to executives needs at least a basic knowledge of how these schemes work and what the warning signs are.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Fraud Awareness and Detection course, the user will learn to:
- Recall the main categories of occupational fraud
- Identify the types of billing schemes and their warning signs
- Describe what is skimming
- Identify the common ways of check tampering and the warning signs
- Recall the clues present in cases of bribery and kickbacks
- Describe the different types of expense reimbursement schemes
- Identify the different types of payroll fraud
- Define cash larceny and the warning signs
- Describe what is a social engineering scheme
This online Fraud Awareness and Detection course is made up of the following sections:
- What Is Occupational Fraud?
- Frauds and Scams
This Fraud Awareness and Detection online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.