Harassment Prevention Training [Connecticut]
Sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discrimination are damaging to organizations, employees and society at large. This online sexual harassment training will give employers, supervisors and employees a greater understanding of harassment and illegal discrimination, how they can be prevented, and processes to follow when a complaint is made.
Sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discrimination are damaging to organizations, employees and society at large. This training will give employers, supervisors and employees a greater understanding of harassment and illegal discrimination, how they can be prevented, and processes to follow when a complaint is made.
Discrimination means noting a difference between things. We all do this every day, when we choose between iced tea or water, when we decide which brand of laptop to buy, or when we assign one employee to a project instead of another.illegal discrimination occurs when an employer, including a company supervisor, makes a decision about an employee or a job applicant with respect to hiring, firing, compensation and all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, based on the protected characteristics of the employee.
Course Learning Objectives
- Explain why it is important to maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- Define illegal discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and retaliation, drawing on statutory and case law definitions
- Recognize types of harassment and illegal discrimination and behaviors that may be considered abusive, inappropriate or unlawful
- Utilize strategies to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and employees in addressing and preventing workplace harassment
- Recall (from your own experience) practical examples of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Describe what to do if you experience, receive a complaint of, or observe inappropriate or unlawful behavior, including the role of confidentiality in the investigation
- Understand the remedies available to victims
- Identify abusive conduct and its effects on employees and employers
- Defining Harassment and Discrimination
- Laws and Regulations
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- Recognizing Harassment and Discrimination
- Accommodation and Retaliation
- Who is Responsible for Preventing Harassment?
- Handling Complaints
This Harassment Prevention Training [Connecticut] online sexual harassment training course is designed for Connecticut employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.