Harassment Prevention Training [Connecticut]
This Harassment Prevention online training course will give employers, supervisors, and employees a greater understanding of harassment and illegal discrimination, how they can be prevented, and processes to follow when a complaint is made. Sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discrimination are damaging to organizations, employees, and society at large.
This Harassment Prevention online training course for Connecticut explores harassment and illegal discrimination, how they can be prevented, and processes to follow when a complaint is made.
Prevention is the best way to eliminate harassment in the workplace. Training helps employees, employers and supervisors understand what unlawful harassment is and how to prevent and correct it. Employers should clearly communicate to employees that unwelcome harassing conduct will not be tolerated. Training how to recognize and respond to situations that can lead to harassment is an effective way to foster a positive, respectful workplace.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Harassment Prevention Training course, the user will learn to:
- Maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- Define illegal discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation, drawing on statutory and case law definitions
- Recognize types of harassment and illegal discrimination and behaviors that may be considered abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful
- Utilize strategies to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of employers, supervisors, and employees in addressing and preventing workplace harassment
- Recall (from your own experience) practical examples of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Describe what to do if you experience, receive a complaint of, or observe inappropriate or unlawful behavior, including the role of confidentiality in the investigation
- Identify the remedies available to victims
- Identify abusive conduct and its effects on employees and employers
This online Harassment Prevention Training for Connecticut is made up of the following sections:
- Defining Harassment and Discrimination
- Laws and Regulations
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- Recognizing Harassment and Discrimination
- Accommodation and Retaliation
- Who is Responsible for Preventing Harassment?
- Handling Complaints
This Harassment Prevention Training [Connecticut] online training course is designed for all Connecticut employees, supervisors, and employers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.