Business Finance Basics
This course presents information about the fundamentals of corporate finance. It shows how various work activities can and do affect the financial health of an organization.
Every employee plays a role in financial management. Finance involves understanding and making good financial decisions at all organizational levels.
This course presents information about the fundamentals of corporate finance. It shows how various work activities can and do affect the financial health of an organization. The course introduces concepts, examples and knowledge that non-financially oriented employees need to know to understand the role finance plays in an organization's decision-making process.
Course Learning Objectives:
- By taking this Online Diversity and Cultural Competency for Law Enforcement course, the user will learn to
- Identify the sources and types of funding available to today's organizations along with the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Summarize the contents and uses of three important financial reports: balance sheets, income statements (profit and loss statements) and cash flow statements.
- Describe how key ratios are used to track financial resources and guide decisions that maximize profits and company success, including profitability, liquidity and long-term solvency (capital stock) ratios.
- Explain how "what-if" forecasting is used to make financial decisions, including cost-benefit analysis.
- Define commonly used financial terms.
This Online Business Finance Basics course is made up of the following sections:
- Sources of Capital
- The Balance Sheet
- The Income and Cash Flow Statements
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Management Jargon
This Business Finance Basics online training course was designed for employees seeking to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of corporate finance.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.